The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Yoga in the Park.. Bike 12

It was a beautiful Saturday morning... we wanted to do a bike ride up to Starbucks.. easy, but longer 12 mile ride.. 
We stopped to do some Yoga in the park.. under these big shade trees... 

I was trying to stretch out my back.. With all this bike riding this week my lower back has been a bit sore...

The treat was to ride up to Starbucks.. and get a blueberry muffin and doughnut with coffee and a water. 

Some other bikers had the same idea so we parked our bikes with a few others.. and grabbed a table outside on the patio...

You really think about food choices a lot more when you look at the calories in each item.. I choose the blueberry muffin at 370 calories because everything else was 400 plus! 

Steve's idea of stretching.. Guess he use to play softball 20+ years ago on these fields.. it was obviously bringing back some good memories

The kids called while we were on our bike ride... wanting to know when we'd be home because they were starving. As soon as I remembered I had purchased a loaf of Cub cinnamon bread... We biked fast home.. Total miles 12... and followed by a yummy breakfast! 
I need to start sharing all the yummy delicious meals Steve cooks. Last night he made my favorite Pork ribs on the grill.. super tender they just fall off the bones.. Balsamic dressing on sweet red pepper, cilantro coleslaw, roasted garlic and herbs cherry tomatoes, steak cut fries and a chunk of french bread.. I know.. I was staying away from "white breads" I stuck with one small slice and that's all!

____________________________________________________

What foods are you staying away from? 

Do you base your food choices on the calories when posted?

Ever done Yoga in a park? 

What kind of workout are you doing today? or this weekend? 

No comments: