The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Going the distance.. farther and farther!

A hot and sweaty morning.. We rode an extra long bike route.. 15.35 miles in 1 hour and 9 minutes! At least now I know how long it takes to cover this amount of miles.. 
 Our route not only goes on a tiny bit of pavement.. but mostly dirt road. It's a lot harder to ride on dirt then pavement and I'm not taking that into consideration when I compare my riding times to others who go about the same distance. 
I shouldn't really care how long it takes us to ride.. It should be more about just getting out for some fresh air and working out together to stay fit and healthy. Team work at it's best and loving every minute of it.. 
Here we are just starting back up on our bikes after taking this photos and some fat guy on a rode bike zips by us.. I just hate it when some un-fit person can pass me up.. That's the difference between a mountain bike and a road bike.. that fat guy can slice through like butter.. as Steve like to put it.. 

We never did stop to swim this morning.. Seems someone needs to actually work today and that's not me.. which means later on today I will be at the pool with or without the kids.. Because it's that hot of a day where you need to be at a pool!!
______________________________________________________________________________

What are you doing to beat the summer heat? 

What are your long Labor day weekend plans? 

Do you workout by yourself or with someone else? 

No comments: