The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Short and quicker.. and delicious-ness

Limited time to ride again today. We had to make a quick stop.. seems someones shoe laces were dangling too close to the gears.. 
 It was a speedy 11 miles today.. Steve must have been really awake because the push to go faster was definitely on his agenda today.. and I truly hate being passed up on every hill.. 
We both are feeling the effects or affects? (never do remember the rule for that word) of more biking.. which means more stretching time. My lower back is a bit stiff and my neck has been tight.. That could be from sleeping weird.. but regardless.. We spend at least 15 to 20 minutes on the floor before every ride stretching to loosen up. 
Last night we went out for my birthday dinner.  Just Me and Steve.. to Salut on Grand Ave.. 


We toasted to another year of me growing older.. I have to say.. Celina saw on my calendar that I would be turning 45. She said "What? How can you be 45? I thought you were 37 or 38" that was super nice to hear.. then again don't kids always under or over guess your age? 

Chin.. Chin.. (We always say that when doing a Cheers.. must be some French thing.. and since we were at a French Restaurant..)

It was a perfect night to be outdoors late at night (9pm. but late for us to be eating dinner). I even wore a black butterfly skirt I haven't worn since I was in my 20's. Apparently butterfly stuff was all the in thing to wear this summer in case you were unaware!

 These 2 couples behind Steve had new born (2 week old) baby boys. It was their first time out with their new little baby.. I'm even more excited to see and hold my little grand baby boy.. I can hardly wait till December.. Oh and they named their little boy August. 
To make a Cheese burger sound more French.. They call it "Le Cheeseburger".. it was excellent.. with their home made French Fries..  Who knew the French could make a perfect burger? 
While Steve truly did get some French food.. Goose liver Pate and a salad
I ordered us both one of these. I'm so nice.. but it's really because they are small and I didn't want to share! Its puff pastry, a little scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate and butterscotch drizzled on top.. small and simple to finish off my birthday meal.. 
We were stuffed then headed for home.. Good thing we bike and work out every morning.. I need to burn off the Le Cheeseburger! 

The 50 squats I've been doing daily are starting to work.. or at least I feel it in my butt (gluts) just a tiny bit.. It may not seem like many to do every day.. Trust me.. it's plenty! You'll have to try it. Just stand in front of a chair... pretend to sit down to just touching the chair and stand up.. make sure your knees don't go past your toes.. stick out that butt and do it s l o w l y to get the full (affect or effect). 

No comments: