The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

State Fair Swell up.......

It was the day to go to the Great Minnesota Get Together at the State Fair!!!
This is what we ate... or shared at the fair..

 Cones from the Dairy building.. yum.. our first food of the day at 10:00am
Logan wanted cheese curds from the food building.. so I had to try just 2..

We all shared in the foot long hot-dog.. with lots of onions and ketchup. 

Lots and Lots of water.. Good thing I carried around a bottle of water for each of us.. water bottles were $2.50 - $3 each!! It didn't save a whole bunch but it at least bought us 2 food items in savings.

 Outside the food building..

 We actually looked at a few things other then the food.
 The kids and Steve having frozen Cider

 Chicken on a stick next to the place that cooks the pork chops on a stick.. these were pretty good and big as I had a taste! 
All the people at the Fair.. And it was a Friday.. early!!

 The kids and Steve went on the river raft ride... I was not into getting a wet butt then walking around!! It was a pretty HOT day 87*F but a bit windy which kept us cool in the shade..
 Oh my favorites!! Mini donuts and I think Tiny Tim does it better then the other place.. Can't recall the other name at the moment! I pretty much ate the whole bag myself.. So much for sharing on this one..
 Garlic Fries.. So good! One of our favorites at the fair. We got a nice table and what do you know.. Could even watch the parade from our spot... The kids were all excited to see the marching bands as they both want to in High School.. 
 Loaded with garlic.. the trick to getting the most garlic.. dip the fries first in ketchup then the garlic will stick to it.. It's a very important tip we discovered over the years of going to the fair and getting this favorite food!
 More resting.. to eat.. and walk our way through the fair.. I think Steve and John were happy sampling beers and they walked.. sat.. ate..


 Logan was hungry again.. so off in search of what he wanted.. Back into the food building.. this time it was cheese pizza!!
 We were on a wild Pickle hunt for Celina.. the food building use to be the place to go for pickles on a stick...Not any more?????
It's kind of exhausting searching for something... but it make the hunt all that more fun...

 We found it.. the Perfect Naked Pickle.. She was pretty happy and it was an excellent pickle!
 Off to try a new food at the fair that got Rave Reviews!!! Cannoli's!!! 
 We didn't try the big cannoli seller which was the one stuffed with a slice of bacon.. We did the plain with chocolate chips. Really, really good! It's best to share as it's very sweet!
 I wanted some thing salty and good.. a pretzel was just what I was thinking with a real root beer! I didn't share much of this either.. I kind of like my pretzels.. 

 Pronto pups.. Celina and I both got one.. Mine looks huge but actually they are the same hotdog size.. but it sure looks funny! 


 Off to the midway at night... for games and rides.. 




 Last the haunted house.. and then......
 The bus ride home.. Feeling like it was a long day.. but still felt like I had energy even if it was 10:30pm!
 I think it was a 14 hour fair day... We are done for 2013..... till next year.. 

No comments: