The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Biking kind of day..

Running yesterday 12 miles must have hurt my right foot. The top of it kind of hurts a little when I walk... Steve wasn't sure what he wanted to do for a workout so I suggested we take a long bike ride.. But where? 
Good thing we have a nice dirt road that goes by some gardens.. Made for a nice ride... out in the country.. 
It was a little chilly riding.. I'm guessing that's why bikers by special bike gloves.. And I thought they were to keep your hands from getting any blisters from holding the handle bars super tight.. 
I could do this 9.5 mile bike ride every day.. It was a little bumpy on the dirt road but that's mountain bike riding for you!!!Plus, it only took 50 minutes and that was stopping to take a few photos..
I couldn't wait to get home and eat all that yummy fruit we bought yesterday.. Banana, raspberries, strawberries and black & blue berries.. my favorite fruits.. I'm only missing cuties and granny smith apples. 
I know I was going to have that real maple syrup we bought on the caribou trail with waffles this morning but fruit and my chunky PB sounded sooo good. Better to start off eating healthy.. maybe for dinner??  
This morning I went to do my stretching in the porch and found Logan's Lego's taking over the entire floor.. I can't complain too much.. He's off the computer and doing something more creative and building! It was just a little painful when I found a Lego under me... 

I didn't get the same kind of workout biking as I get from running.. I might just have to bike again tonight.. or still go for a 4 mile easy run later on after working.. I just don't want to screw up my foot.. at least biking doesn't do anything to my foot. I also did work up a bit of a sweat. 

No comments: