The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sundays are always family dinner...

It's not that often I like cooking in 100*F heat.. or all afternoon.. 
I just felt like making these yummy tomato tarts since only Steve and I got to eat the other one I made just a few days ago.. they are too good to not share.. 

No one believed I actually made the crust! It was super flaky..buttery good! I sometimes like to save on time and just buy my crust but it is 100% better to make your own. No wonder they thought it was store bought!

 I made the tomatoes on the left. Steve made the cherry tomatoes.. spicy on the right.. Both were excellent, although I think mine had a better tomato taste. 
Steve cooking the cherry tomatoes with garlic, olive oil and a dab of butter. 

Hot dogs on the grill, (or Italian hot sausage) and tomato tart. I tried both kinds of tart.. 
Funny how we all made desserts but something different but all went together perfectly..

Lemon bars, Apple Crisp and Rhubarb-Strawberry Crisp. 
We like vanilla ice cream with all our desserts.. 
I've been wanting to make these lemon bars for weeks.. I changed the crust and added crushed vanilla-sugar cookies with 1/4 cup of flour and butter with powder sugar.. The best crust ever!! Plus, I like a lot of the lemon filling so I halved the recipe and made 1-1/2 the amount.. Probably could have doubled it.. I ate another one this morning.. too good not to!


__________________________________________________________________________

No comments: