The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Excited to Finally go here!!

Did you know that I have driven by this store since it opened in ___ Year? and I have never ever shopped at REI! How did I manage to do this? 
Steve and I found our dream camping store.. They not only have cool camping stuff, but bike, ski and all kinds of other outdoor kind of things you need to have fun in life! 
The store is super pretty... it has this cool water garden right at the front door.. Why can't all stores have something like this? 

Of course we are now REI members.. I'm not sure what all that means but we paid out $20 for that privilege. To keep it..you have to spend at least $10 per year. We had that covered in purchase #1! 

 I have no other way of describing what we purchased.. and a large one at that.. just to carry our 2 new kayaks. The carrying system actually cost more then the kayaks... pretty sad but it not only will work for the kayaks.. it will carry bikes and our canoe.. well, not all at once but like I said... we have other options! When its up on the Highlanders roof.. I'll take a photo.. 

REI is not a runners kind of store.. They aren't going to carry that type of things.. But they did have an entire section to all the Fuel needed.. I for some weird reason want to try this Cliff Shot Bloks.. They have caffeine and they are orange flavored. A win/win right? Steve (he said)... "When were you planning on trying them out". (she said) me.."On my next 13 mile run", (he said) "When is that?". (she said) Monday! There you have it! A running long distance plan.. and some new fuel to try and see if that gives me the energy I need to get through a half marathon distance feeling super... All the fancy real runners do this kind of stuff with the bloks and gels.. I don't want to feel left out.. and just so you know.. the gels are super sticky and gross.. I just won't eat that junk! These Bloks aren't cheap either at $2 per bar. I don't think I'll need the whole bar?? I'm still thinking Dots candies will be the best for quick energy and I can get a whole box for $1 and I know they taste sooo good.. I will eat the whole box and not gag.. Well, maybe after I eat that many.. 

No comments: