The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Things we exercisers forget to mention

I always am amazed and a bit jealous when I read someone went for a run or they ran 16 miles... or biked for 50 miles...

I can tell you sometimes we leave out things.. about our run or biking.. 

1. How long it really took to run or bike those 16 miles 
2. How many rest breaks you took to run or bike that amount of miles
3. Forgetting to actually say how many miles we ran or biked.. (some times not that many when we said going for a run or bike ride)

That's just the starting list.. 

Here's what I forget to mention..
This morning I biked 29.5 miles.. What I didn't tell you.. I started my biking ride at 7:30am.. and didn't finish till 10:45am.. 3 hours and 15 minutes of time... 
I did not bike continuously for 29.5 miles.. I did a lot of stopping after 11 miles, 11 miles and 7 miles.. drank water, ate my 1 slice of whole grain bread with chunky Peanut-butter.
It's a killer heat wave again today.. Biking always feel great when you start out and I'm not freezing cold.. the 80*F and humid temps feel really great. 

Steve biked the first 11.1 miles with me.. then I went out to bike again ... off to the pool where I swam with my tri shorts and sports bra.. I finally had a chance to wear what I would if doing a tri. I'm not 100% sold on the tri shorts and the extra butt padding for biking is not that comfy.. It really ads nothing.. They did work good for swimming.. Right length and stayed put. I felt good wearing this and definitely would have this on for a tri. Glad I figured that out! 
After my 10 minute breast stroke swim.. with hand fins (adds extra pull to get a better upper-shoulder body workout) I hopped back on the bike.. soaking wet, but it felt really good since it was now like 90*F outside.. and super humid.. biked home.. total 11.1 miles.. then decided to bike up to get fruit at Cub.. another 7.2 miles.. 

Feeling good about my morning workout.. even if I did skip running for another day... It's just plain too hot and I do feel like my legs are getting a good workout biking the extra miles.. total time moving 2 hours and 2 minutes... + 10 minutes of swimming.

Keeping up with my daily 50 squats.. I really do hope this will improve my buns.. and I always do some static & dynamic stretching.
__________________________________________________

Are you all about numbers and keeping track of your workouts? 

Do you workout longer if you know your going to tell someone how far or long you worked out? 

No comments: