The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, August 23, 2013

its food time

There is nothing better then to cook with the foods you grow.. These are my tomatoes.. from our deck plants! 
 Logan really is getting into cooking.. He actually eats when he makes dinner! Tonight he is making pork with a reduction sauce.. He's all fancy about cooking.. like his Dad.
 He definitely is learning how to cook! The pork was done to perfection. 
 I finally did it.. I made a tomato tart. I've been wanting to make one of these forever!!!
 Steve.. can you believe it.. actually said it was the best thing he's eaten since forever! He love it.. and had 2 huge slices! Considering it's butter pie crust, Swiss cheese, tomatoes, garlic chunks, herbs with fresh basil.. Loaded with calories but yummy! I am going to be making this again.. and again!
I'm also happy to report.. the last 2 days I've been very very good about staying away from most crap eating.. I stuck to 1 desert a day and it was something I really wanted but not too much! I feel 100% better even if I did eat this high-calorie Tart..I only have issues with sugar.. 

Today is State Fair Food day.. I promise to take a photo of all the delicious things I eat.  The good thing is going with the family.. I can just have one bite of a lot of things.. I do plan to try and eat some healthy foods.. I will be eating fried foods.. cheese curds and mini donuts.. It's a fair tradition and even when I started on my 50 pound weight loss 3 years ago during the state fair.. I told myself... try everything.. eat nothing.. so this mean.. I can sample and not eat it all.. I must share!

I have exactly 1 week to go before my birthday.. I want to be on the losing side of weight loss.. so I'm going to try super hard.. and at the end on my birthday.. I will be eating a slice of lardy cake... mmmmm

No comments: