The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

This is hard..

Cross training is good, but hard. It definitely uses different muscles and I sure do feel it, but not where I expected. My quadriceps are sore from extending my legs back farther then I do when running. 
It pretty much takes me all season of running, biking, swimming or skiing to feel like I'm at my peek fitness and then the season is over and I move on to another sport and start all over again from what feels like Ground ZERO.. It's kind of discouraging but in a way it feels like it also makes me stronger because it is hard. If it's not hard then it doesn't feel like I'm putting in enough effort. 
I went skiing again today even with my legs really hurting. I pushed though and skied an hour and 5 minutes.. same speed as yesterday 5.2mph avg speed. I do enjoy being out in the woods.. and the fresh air... feeling great! 

No comments: