The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Not liking my run!

Can you tell by the look on my face that I'm forcing myself to go to the gym this morning? 

Look at how cold it is - 11 degrees! Not that I'm going to run outside in this weather, but I still had to go from the house to the car.

Steve and I really don't want to give our rental SUV back. We really want to keep it. It's a little smaller then the Toyota Highlander but it drives really nice! I would rather have it in white then blue.. but I'd still take it. 
Celina decided to try going outside. No skin exposed..
Some how this new photo upload is adding falling snow to my outdoor photos. I kind of like it. 
Last night we had breakfast for dinner. Knowing I would not be home for an early breakfast because I am always at the gym. I decided we should have breakfast so I could make french toast. 
My eyes were bigger then my stomach and I paid for eating all this stuff.. with a stomach ache. 
Today was one of those really hard days running. I save the treadmill running for weekends. I was not feeling the love even after 15 minutes, not after 30 minutes and not even after 40 minutes. In fact the last 15 minutes were still tough. I stuck it out even though my feet wanted to quit the whole time. What I did do was to give myself a break. I started out at 6.0mph, then went down to 5.7, then the last 30 minutes 5.5mph.. for almost 6 miles but who cares.. I lasted for 60 minutes which was my goal for today. Not every day your going to love running and this certainly was one of them. I couldn't wait to quit. Even lifting weights seemed not so fun this morning. Nor did my plank or squats.. I still did them knowing that I have to keep going even when I don't want to. You just never know... tomorrow I might love running again? If I don't, I'll take it easy until I do feel the running love.. 
I'm NOT a Quitter! I will keep going.. 
It sure feels good to put my feet up and record my workout efforts in my journal. I'm wearing my ski fuzzy pants and super warm running shirt. You'd think it was freezing cold! 
I made more almond sugar cookies last night and found some fun blue snow flake sprinkles. Took Steve's advice and squished them down before baking. The edges are crispy.. you can't tell but they were baked perfect. Soft, crispy and delicious!

No comments: