The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

I ate this____ to lose 50 pounds!

White Rice and Baja Cafe Pico De Gallo Salsa is what I ate to lose 50 pounds. I ate this for breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. More salsa then rice. While I don't recommend not eating a healthy diet of a variety of foods. This is what I did to lose the weight. I ate the same thing day in and day out. I added exercise  cross country skiing for an hour every day and then eventually running and weight lifting. In all, it took me 6 months to lose the weight. 
I still love rice and salsa but I don't eat it all the time like I use to. I love the favor and heat. It's low in calories and filling. I do change out my rice to brown or mixed grains but I really like white rice. 

I've determined it's still way too cold to go ski today. It's tempting seeing how nice and sunny it is out there... Fresh snow is the best. The trails won't be groomed until there is at least 6" so I'd have to make a trail. Guess, I'll wait a bit longer to start skiing! This is also the key to keeping off weight. Keep exercising or all the weight you lose, You will quickly gain back and then some. It's my #1 motivator every morning to get up and go run! 
Remember the Brooks Glycerin 11 shoe issue I was having? The 2 holes in the mesh? 
Yesterday, I was contacted by a customer service rep from Brooks, telling me to fill out an on-line defective form.. today..the very next day I get an e-mail letting me know I will be getting a replacement pair in the next 6 to 10 days! I'm amazed that the company has such great customer service. I definitely will stick with Brooks brand of running shoes in the future. 

No comments: