The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Back to the Treadmill

The treadmill is never going to be my favorite thing to do.. I'd rather be running outside, but the roads are ice/snow covered in some spots. Plus the temperatures have been close or below zero that leaves me little options to run on the treadmill or skip it and just do the cross ramp every day. 
To mix things up and of course I wanted to try actual running with my new Brooks shoes. I had to run on the treadmill. In a perfect world, I'd be fully awake with so much energy but when the sun has yet to come up and I'm still sleepy.. the treadmill is not my friend. Its hard. Hard to move your feet and keep going. I walked for 2 minutes till I had the TV adjusted, closed caption to read the TV, and my Ipod turned on. There was nothing left to do but to crank up the speed and have random hills up to 1.5 incline. 99% of the hour I run is spent on hills. I tried to wake up and started off slow 5.5mph but sometimes running slow is harder then just running at a normal pace. So up I went to 5.7mph and just kept it there. My heart rate was 131 to 137 on the hills. Hard enough because I wanted to quit.. with every step but I kept saying only 30 more minutes, only 20 more minutes, only 15 more minutes then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and done. Done for the hour. 

 Steve and I were leaving the gym this morning and a women that I've never spoken to but always see when we are leaving was coming in.. She said "Your always done and I'm just starting, wish I was done too".  I just agreed.. "yes it's good to be done!" 

Burned 700 calories and ran close to 6 miles in 60 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of abs/arms and then home to do planks and squats. 

Today.. I'm going to concentrate on afternoon and evening food choices. If I make a good choice to get up every morning I'm going to make good food choices in the evening... It's going to be hard just like running every day, but I'm up for the challenge! 

No comments: