The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Down Time in my life...

When I'm not running or getting ready to go for a workout (down time from running).. I'm thinking about what I can bake. Since we were invited to Steve's brother's house for dinner (pot roast). I wanted to make dessert, but what? Eclairs! 
 They turned out perfect. I haven't made them in awhile and couldn't remember if the pan needed to be greased. What do you know.. Guessed right! No grease and they were puffy and golden brown. 
 I almost forgot to take a finished photo. Decided vanilla ice cream would taste better then vanilla pudding inside. I also made the chocolate sauce with chocolate chips melted, 2 TBSP melted butter and added milk..A little vanilla would have been a good addition but I didn't bring that along. 
I have 2 eclairs leftover with chocolate sauce. I'm really considering having one for breakfast, but I haven't even gone to run yet. Might have to re-think this plan. 
I drank a little wine with dinner. We bought a bottle of Turning Leaf  which was just as good as the bare foot wine I like. 
Dinner Pot Roast, French Bread, cheese Tortellini, salad with lite balsamic dressing. A very good dinner. 
I really tried my best to choose healthy snacks yesterday. Bananas (back to eating fruit after that stupid story about the bananas and spiders) and my favorite veggie cauliflower with 2Tbsp lite ranch. 


No comments: