The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, December 21, 2013

I'm officially....

I officially became a grandmother on Thursday, December 19th at 8:15pm. I was so excited to finally meet Evan. He is a big boy at 10 pounds  3 oz. Super cute chubby baby boy! 
(I'll post a photo when the parents give the okay) 


Aunt Celina and Uncle Logan.. I think they kind of like their new titles. We were all pretty excited to see baby Evan. I have a feeling these two are going to be really great at being an aunt and uncle. 
I'm going to be called Nana.. after my favorite grandparent. It just sounds better to me then Grandma. Maybe I'll add Nana-Rain.. ?? Guess we will just have to wait and see what little Evan calls me. All I want to do is to be able to hold that little guy. He is doing so much better today and keeps getting stronger every day. 

This (grandma) Nana-rain started out this morning running 5.5 miles on the treadmill. Saturday is my running day. Hard as it was to stay focused and run for the entire hour... The first 10 minutes I was busy sharing photos of baby Evan with a gym friend, who is also a grandmother of 5.. the more important things like my grandson come before my running. I'm more excited about Evan then Christmas. It's kind of hard to focus on any thing at the moment. Just thinking back to when I had each of my three kids. Such a different experience being the mother of a grown up daughter, that had her first baby.. Almost makes me wish I was starting all over again. I just hope my daughter stays in the moment as much as possible.. those little ones grow up so fast... and before you know it.. they are all grown up and you just wish you could go back to when they were so small and needed you.. Life has come full circle.. I'm excited for the next chapter of being a grandparent and all the joy it is going to bring. 

No comments: