The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Pity Party... for one.

I was having a bit of a pity party yesterday afternoon in the Kohl's dressing room. I wanted to find something to wear for the holidays. I have some requirements. I must feel good, it must be comfortable and warm with sensible shoes. 
(Not warm & definitely not sensible shoes)

I must find a top or dress that covers my butt wearing leggings and black boots. Not an easy task. I'm at least 10 pounds heavier then the photo above. I was not having fun trying on various tops/dresses. 

Even with all the workout and running I do, it's easy to get caught up in a pity party about the way you look. It's hard looking at myself in those unflattering lights and mirrors. I see every little lump and bump and it sure doesn't help that I choose some tops in the Jr or is it Misses Department? Even this old guy came up to me and asked, are these clothes for Adults or children? Seems he thought the clothes all looked extra small even for a smaller person. 

I had a super big lunch on purpose (burrito bowl), so I'd have that after dinner stomach. There is nothing worse then doing the side view and seeing that stomach bulging out. The relaxed view is the worst but that's what everyone's going to see. Right? Who wants to spend the entire night sucking in or just not eating? Not me.. So there goes my pity party. 

I have to ask myself.. Self.. Why oh why can't you just control what you eat in the afternoon/evening and drop 10 pounds? I know that is my weak time so I've clearly identified the "problem". I just can't seem to correct my poor choices I make, day in and day out. 

I did find 2 items that I can wear. I'd still like to drop a few pounds... I'm hoping this pity party will be the start of some changes because it's sure not fun to be at that party. 

No comments: