The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, December 6, 2013

50's are back ...

Logan's 5th Grade class had their music program. All the songs from the 50's. This was one of the better one since they had all good songs. Logan even had a speaking part. 

I don't think it's ever going to be possible to get there early enough to nab an up front seat. These parents get there early at least an hour before the program starts. 

This morning I made some tasty Almond cookies with red sugar sprinkles. 
This weekend I really need to start all my candy making for the holidays. I always give some away to family. I am sure they'd miss it, if I decided to just forget doing a cookie/candy basket.
It was another really cold morning. - 6 F, but felt like -20F. I'm loving the heated seats in our rental car. Still no word on when my Toyota will be repaired but I'm okay with that.  4 wheel drive is really great to have. I'm never getting a SUV again with out heated seats and 4 wheel drive. It's a must! 

I had Steve try my workout on the Cross Ramp today. After all, I did his yesterday! We had the resistance at 11, incline up to 16 and down to 12.. (hills) and ran forward for 30 minutes, then backward increasing the resistance to 12 for 15 minutes, then forward for the last 15 minutes. 60 minutes and 6.3 miles! His reaction.. it's hard! He tried to run his fast 20 minutes but only lasted about 15 seconds then slowed down again. I know we will both go back to doing what we like tomorrow. Oh, that' right! Tomorrow is Saturday... I'll be going it alone. Saturday or Sunday is my 2 hour...12 mile running days.. Maybe not both days but at least one. 

No comments: