The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas night...

We have a busy Christmas schedule.. after having Christmas Eve at Tim's.. Christmas morning at our house we then move on to Steve's parents house for more gift opening.. then back to our house for Christmas dinner. We figured out a few years ago it's easier to come to the gifts then to transport them. This way we all get to share the entertaining..and we all agree, it just works really great! 
 I just can't get enough of this baby boy... can you tell I really like being Nana-Rain? Evan's going to have a trillion baby pictures because I must take at least 100 or more per day. 
 He just wanted to sleep all day long.. We really tried to wake him up.. then at 8pm.. he woke up and was looking around. I just love all the cute faces he makes. He is definitely my favorite gift this Christmas.. to have him here with us all for his very first Christmas... makes it very special.. 

 Dinner.. we ate really late.. but so good. Ham, some cheese-noodles, smashed potatoes, veggies and dip, three different breads, coleslaw and asparagus. 
 The ham was super good.. and by 8pm, we were all starving!
Claudette (Steve's Mom)  makes the fancy Christmas yule log cake every year. I'm thinking some day I need to try making one of these. I remember making one when I was taking French in High school.. Some day this tradition will be passed on to me, so for now.. I'll just enjoy the delicious Chocolate Cake. 
One more baby and Nana-Rain picture.. I'm so lucky Kendra and Paul like to share and let me hold him as much as possible. 

No comments: