The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Some testing is just worth it!

What exactly am I testing?

 I'm testing my ability to still go to the gym later on this morning and run. The only way I get myself to workout each day is pretty simple, 1. Make sure I get up early enough to get in 1 hour minimum of running time 2.Wake up enough to stretch 3. Always put on workout clothes the second I get up. This way I'm ready to go.. because where else can I go, un-showered with messy hair thrown into a pony tail? 

Not doing this in order really tests my workout ability. Today, I knew if I wanted to get in a workout I'd have to get up early. I slept in and decided I would workout later on.. A huge change and decision! I even showered, and put on normal clothes.. Well, still leggings, but not workout ones. I'm all about comfort and leggings are just super comfy. 

It's totally worth testing myself today because I get to go with Kendra and little Evan to his first doctor appointment. His father is working so I'm helping out. As we all know, babies come with lots of stuff, diaper bag, baby and baby car-seat. A lot to handle for a new parent and since she just had a c-section a heavy load. It's a good thing I lift weights.. now I know why working out comes in handy. Any chance to see my daughter and my grandson I'll be there! Count me in! 
Evan was finally awake yesterday.. He makes me giggle at all the cute little expressions this guy has. 
He has to be the easiest little baby ever.. All he wants to do is sleep. He has such a hard time wanting to open his eyes. Its hard being a baby. We really try hard to wake him up but most the time he is fast asleep.. So sweet..because he is the best for snuggling up to. 
Evan with Pepe (Grandpa Steve). 
I was pretty happy when Kendra asked me if I wanted to watch Evan at least 1 day a week when she goes back to work. It will be nice to spend more time with this little guy. Of course I have to be patient.. she won't go back to work till February,.. But I'm sure I can still find lots of reasons to get in my snuggle time with Evan. 
It's one of those extremely cold.. below Zero days. Definitely stay inside to workout kind of day. No way am I going skiing even if I really want to because when it's crazy cold.. I'll gladly go to the gym even if it is noon before I get there. Lets just hope that I still go run since I'm doing things out of order today.. I tend to get lazy as the day goes on and the last thing I want to do is workout. This is going to be a true test to my un-laziness..on a cold day like today.. the other options of spending the day on the couch under blanket is tempting but that won't keep me fit or burning calories.. 



No comments: