The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Remembering those that are no longer here..

I made my grandmother's Homemade Ravioli last night for dinner. My grandmother would spend an entire day making batch after batch of dough, then hand roll out the ravioli. She would make enough for everyone. I loved going in the room with all the ravioli laid out on the many tables looking for edges of dough we could cut away and eat. 

I also made my fathers recipe for microwave peanut brittle. He was not a baker or candy maker for the most part, but he did find this recipe and make this brittle every year for us at Christmas.  


I'll be making Thumb print cookies filled with Raspberry jelly today in memory of my Nana. I'm not sure she ever made these but I'm pretty sure they were one of her favorites too. 

No comments: