The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Guess I'm Okay for A Monday!

How am I today? 
I'm here at the gym again, working out on another very chilly day.. a Monday! A No thrills day. Back to run, watch the news for an hour, 6 miles and I'm done. The last 5 minutes I always tell Steve  ".. Only 5 more minutes to go!" Glad that's over! 
In 9 weeks, I've only taken 1 rest day and that was 2 weeks ago. I have a hard time taking rest days when I love to eat. It's hard to not burn at least 700 calories. When I do take a rest day I feel like I gain a pound a day. 
I was looking around the gym this morning at the other gym regulars. I never see many people change much. Some just go through the motions and not push themselves so their bodies will never change. This one really tall woman wears shorts. She's not exactly fat, but has some chunk on her. Her legs are like cottage cheese. I always wonder why she wears shorts and not knee length workout pants to cover up. I too am border line cottage cheese legs if I quit running. I can totally relate by my cellulite buns. Not much change after 3 years of running.. but maybe I just don't notice? Just looking at her legs makes me want to keep running. It's just my wake up call.. and a reason to not give up on all the effort I spend day after day to get rid of the cottage cheese look on my own buns. While our bodies may never be perfectly smooth.. We keep at it.. and maybe some day we will see a change. That's the hope.. 
(keep going..)
Sunday, I finished decorating our Christmas tree. We only added bulbs and ornaments that were red, silver or white to the tree. I found red garland that I must have purchased on clearance last year. 


I added a few more smaller decorated trees around the house... you can never have enough lights inside. 
Logan requested Navajo Indian Taco's last night for Sunday family dinner night. I love making these taco's. 

Celina and her friend made the guacamole. 
Steve made stuffed Mexican peppers with rice,and cheese. 
Steak and Chicken Indian Taco's

I do love my salsa.. Kendra and Paul made some crispy potatoes. and everything was super good! One of my favorites. Good thing we have leftovers. I already know what I'm having for lunch today! 
Dessert.. Brownies/Ice cream and Claudette made what I call Fluffy egg clouds on top of a liquid caramel. 
She always spills.. I suppose you learn after a while.. I'm thinking a grown up bib for Christmas might be a funny idea? 
My Two Favorite beautiful Girls in the whole wide world! 




No comments: