The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, December 5, 2013

I promised this...


I promised Steve I'd try his daily cross ramp workout. We both do different workouts on the cross ramp. We tend to think our workout is the best and very hard to do for 60 minutes. I took Steve's challenge to run his program for the hour this morning. 
This is what he does for 60 minutes every day.... 
7 incline, 7 resistance - 2 minutes 
15 incline, 8 resistance - 2 minutes

The first 27 minutes you keep the steps per minute around 150, then for 20 minutes, run fast around 200 steps per minute. 

My heart rate stayed around 147... the whole time I ran.. Not an easy 20 minutes. The last 20 seconds you go all out as hard and fast as you can.. then the last 15 minutes you keep it back to 150 steps or I kept it around 170.. 

I had a hard time keeping my steps at 200 for the 20 minutes.. it was more like 175 - 185 - 190 and sometimes 200.. 

I hated the workout.. just because it was hard, fast and different. I can see how this would help with speed and with really working my heart. I'm sure it will get easier the more I do this workout. Just not sure if I plan to ever do it again??? 
We had great helpers last night... the kids went out to help shovel the driveway. It was really nice doing this as a family. I have good memories of shoveling the driveway with my family growing up and I'm so glad my kids do this with us too. It's a really nice way to work together. What an arm workout too. That snow was HEAVY!
It's super pretty with all the fresh snow. I think we got around 3" of snow just enough to ski. It might be a bit chilly as it's 7*F. I might have to wait for another day, when it's a bit warmer to ski?? 
I made the best salad last night. Steve made his homemade balsamic dressing, I added cauliflower, carrots, and a tiny bit of mozzarella cheese to my salad. I really need to start eating more salads loaded with all kinds of veggies. We also had Pizza bread.. a really good combo to have with my extra large salad. I also believe in drinking tons of water all day long. 
I tried a really good ice cream last night. This Thin Mint Breyers Ice cream is really good. 




I also had to try the new Kemps ice cream sandwiches with peppermint. I have no idea if these have been around for ages but I finally tried them and it's a winner too! Better then your plain vanilla ice cream bars. 



No comments: