The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cookies.. new stuff and weather

I have been in the mood to bake since the kids took that cookie making class. I finally had the time this morning to make a new cookie! Gingersnaps! I had to sample the cookie dough. I know it's not the best to eat raw eggs but I can't help myself. Cookie dough is my favorite thing to eat.. it's better then cookies!
I used this molasses because on the back side of this bottle is a really easy recipe!
I call them gingersnaps.. they call them Molasses crinkle cookies... I think next time I'll add just a little more sugar.. I like them extra sweet. Super easy to make.. and luckily I had all the ingredients. 
I rolled  the dough into sugar... Maybe they need the larger grainy sugar? 
Steve thinks I should have rolled them out to make them thin and crispy. I like soft cookies.. but maybe I'll try that idea later.. I have extra left over cookie dough. 

Just 10 quick minutes and the cookies were done!
I have big plans to make candies and more cookies for the holidays. My plan is to make all my favorites and add in some new ones too. 
My Ipod's arm band was not working at all. The strap was too stretched out from me making it tighter and tighter on my arm. The only thing left to do.. Get a new one. They didn't have the exact one I use to have and loved.. But this new one so far is working out GREAT! No more slipping down my arm and sharp plastic poking my skin. It was also time for more ear buds. I really do go through these things! Its a small investment to keep me wanting to workout.. Little things do make a huge difference.. never underestimate the power of that!
We had more snow yesterday.. the kind of snow that comes down in huge chunks and in my opinion is the best kind of snow.. While we were shopping yesterday we got to enjoy it.. and I really hope we get enough so I can start cross training..on Cross country skis! We are expecting up to 4".. plenty of snow to get the skis out! I can't wait!!!!!
I had leftover pasta for dinner last night and we made those yummy chicken covered in potato chips.. with hot sauce.
The kids wanted to Steve to try frying them in peanut oil.. they were good fried but even better baked and somewhat better for us.. not fried. 
Not only did I get a new arm band.. but today, I get my car fixed from the damage from the crash.. plus new tires by the end of the week. Even with the roads snow covered this morning... off to the gym.. hardly anyone was there. We just did our running on the cross ramp for the hour and came home. At least watching the weather/news on TV this morning kept my mind occupied and time flew by.. 



No comments: