The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, July 22, 2013

What Type of Person Are YOU?

In Sunday's paper the "Parade" insert had an interesting article on aging.. I loved what the author saved as she aged.. 

"Views" by Connie Shultz.. taken from the novel "The Finishing school" written by Gail Godwin. 

There are two kinds of people.. one kind, you can tell just by looking at them at what point they congealed into their final selves. It might be a very nice self, but you know you can expect no more surprises from it. Whereas, the other kind keeps moving, changing. With these people, you can never say, "X stops here," or "Now I  know all there is to know about Y." That doesn't mean they're unstable. Ah, no far from it. They are fluid. They keep moving forward and making new trysts with life, and the motion of it keeps them young. In mt opinion, they are the only people who are still alive.


I decided 3 years ago.. to be one of the people that keeps moving and changing.. I don't want to settle in life.. I want to experience it.. and enjoy all. 

Today.. I did a little living.. I decided to run.. not just run but run 13 miles.. A half marathon distance. I did it my way.. 3.7miles to get coffee/water with Steve.. 3.7 miles home.. then took a short breakfast break.. to fuel and finished another 6 miles. 

It was one of those perfect weather days.. cloudy with a light breeze and not too hot.. 75*F.. I took my time... but ran today for endurance as I wanted to do a long run. I don't always have the time or feel like running a long distance. Today was a perfect day to accomplish a big running goal. 

________________________________________________

What type of person are you? 


No comments: