The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, July 15, 2013

What ever you do is good enough.

Thought I'd start off with my healthy breakfast.. Love that fruit is finally a lot less expensive and I can eat gobs of it once again. 
I started my day checking my phone and reading a short update on some (running/working out kind of bloggers I follow).. This probably isn't a great idea since it makes my running 8 miles seem like nothing. I read stories of women pushing babies in strollers and running with their dogs too. They do all that and run at warp speeds. 
I usually just start my day running with letting me decide how fast and far I feel like going. I have no real plan in mind and choose my route just before I run out the door. This morning my mind was on if I should do some speed work or if I should run farther to push myself to do a long run. I only have so much time and really only feel like doing so much for the morning/day. 
This fudge has nothing to do with running but I thought I'd share the 6 flavors of fudge I sampled.. and keep sampling. I haven't figured out which is my favorite... Maybe when It's all gone I will have one or two?
Back to running.. Instead of feeling blah.. and not going for a run.. This morning I took the hilly 4 miles.. ran it  in 39 minutes and 15 seconds.. Then ran it the other direction.. in 40 minutes and 25 seconds. I felt so great it would have been nice to have long run day. My legs felt like I could have ran a half marathon and if I had enough time.. Nothing else going on.. I would have ran it! 

I have exactly 8 days before my trail race 3 miles. I am not doing it to race. I just want to run a trail and have fun not worrying about my time. This race will be done 2x's this summer and I will wait until I know what to expect before I try to better my running time. I'm glad part of my running route (1/2) I'm running on a dirt road. It's pretty similar terrain to a trail run minus the turns.. and small path to run. 

I am having serious doubts about wanting to do a tri.. The cost is a lot and I don't want to do a lake swim. Pool yes.. lake NO. Might just wait and do an indoor tri. I'd enjoy this 100% better I have a feeling. 

No comments: