The good stuff.. Food!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

If only I could do this EVERY Day!!

I didn't have to work today and it's a good thing! I worked a full day yesterday and then some so today I planned a full workout! 
My run was super hot! 80*F and humid but I'd rather run in the heat then in the cold! I decided to try some speed work and run fast in the sun just to get to the shaded areas of the road. The first hilly miles I did in 41 minutes and 2 seconds, after my water break.. another 4 hilly miles in the other direction and I ran it slightly faster at 40 minutes and 37 seconds. 
Since I didn't have to work.. it was time to bike! It's 4.35 miles to the pool fairly flat but a few hills.. 
Then I swam.. I wanted to try swimming crawl with my head out of the water but it's too much work and it strains my back. I decided to just swim breast stroke for 20+ minutes.. then I headed for home.. 
I have to say.. being soaking wet from the pool felt really good today on my bike ride home.. then I decided.. I really should ride at least 15 miles today (tri distance) so off I went.. biked to Cub 3.5 miles and then home another 3.5 miles for a total biking of 16 miles or close enough! 

Here it is 11am.. I'm finally showered and done with my workout for the day! I started my day at 6:30am.. stretched for a good 30 minutes then headed out the door... What better way to spend a day  then to get in a good workout and feel great!


No comments: