The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

About that Trail Run???

I've been looking forward to running the 5K trail run since I found out about it..

Now that it's almost here.. Tuesday at 6pm.. I'm getting nervous. It's only 3 miles.. but I have no idea of what the 3 miles will be like running.

My goals for this run are as follows....

Run it at an easy pace...
Have fun and enjoy it... don't think about the time it takes..


I have no idea if they do age places for this trail race. I'm guessing it might just be top male/female finisher? If any? I'm more running it because its different from a regular running race. I don't feel the need to feel like I have to compete to prove to myself I can be good at something I trained for. I know I can do it.. That's not my goals this year. Maybe that's why I haven't signed up for that tri yet. There just is a lot that I don't care about.. lake swim.. biking 15 miles.. I have enjoyed the training and will continue to do that over the winter months. Maybe I'll just focus on that.. training and not competing..?? I'm sure there will be a time again when I want to compete.. I'm just not feeling it.. But I do want to run more for endurance ... which brings me right back to the half marathon.. Might just do one of those or the same one again.. I like knowing what to expect. Takes some of the guess work out of the mix but also it's just not as exciting. Kind of like.. I've done that.. did it and time to move on?

No comments: