The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stealth Health

It's getting difficult to share laptops with Logan.. His needs a new hard drive.. (new computer already ka-put)... Good thing it's still covered, but it's still going to take at least 10 days.. when I ship it back.. 
I found a new book on clearance yesterday at the book store, called Stealth Health.. by Readers Digest.. It's tons and tons of tips on how to live a healthier life.. You make 3 little changes a day.. after 4 days, you have to add a different 3.. My 3 for today are:
1. floss my teeth.. (I don't always get the back teeth so I'm making sure to do all..)
2. Start stretching in bed 15 minutes before getting up to circulate the blood in my feet.. (I usually jump out of bed and then I feel like a 90 year old woman walking across the wood floor...)
3. Brush my tongue for 3 minutes.. (I do brush but not for 3 minutes.. more like 3 seconds so I just decided to spend 30 seconds.. after all we wake up with 300+ bacteria on our tongues.) yucky! Every day I plan to add in a few more good healthy changes.. Then it got me to thinking about all the little changes I have been making the past 3 years.. (that's a whole other post!)
My challenge diet has not been going so good.. Yesterday was a trip to the ortho.. there are always fruit slushies and warm chocolate chip cookies waiting for us.. It's impossible to skip these treats!
Celina will be done with braces in 12 weeks.. that means 2 more trips to get slushies and cookies.. Don't worry.. I'll still get my treats, Logan will start up pretty soon and I'm sure there are some follow up appointments.

No comments: