The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Getting over the face in the lake?

I'm not sure how I'm going to do this.. How will I ever want to swim laps in the lake? 
There is fish.. slimy stuff.. algae.. big fish with teeth..not to mention all that microscopic stuff you can't see but know it's there! 

What's my plan? 


  • Do as much lap swimming in the pool as possible.. at least I will know I can swim and have the endurance. 
  • This weekend actually swim laps while in the lake.. It's a clear lake.. not as creepy.. Good practice! 
  • Find a race tri that the lake is nice... is there really such a thing as a nice lake? I'm beginning to wonder?? 
  • Just do it... Take the plunge.. don't think about it.. 
I'll be doing my first race of the year in a few weeks.. I'm going to run a 6pm trail race that's only 3 miles but could include lots of hills and very rough terrain. I'm obviously not going to run for time.. but just to do it.. I think this should be fun, not painfully fast. 

I do need to get out and start doing more trails.. the dirt roads do provide some rough terrain training, but not enough! 



No comments: