The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Just Fresh...

After taking a few days off from running, walking or doing really anything other then float on a raft or go for a  jet ski ride.. I finally got to run today. Not just a run, but a new running route and longer! I felt weird running after 3 days of being a slug.. but fresh too.. 
I ran to the pool and home.. 4.38 miles there and 4.38 home, 44 minutes each way.. Not fast but my heart rate sure was up there around 150bpm.. 
I was super tempted to jump in the pool and go for a swim since I got such a late start running and it was already getting pretty hot out.. The only reason I didn't go for a swim was from itch weed. I ended up getting  2 nice rash lines on my inner thigh..  How do I always manage to touch this stuff? I just wasn't too sure if I'd all of a sudden have to scratch my leg off.. best not to risk that and still have to run home.. 
Then it was time for a big breakfast at our favorite alley deli right across the street from the St. Paul Farmers Market.. I was stuffed.. 

The absolute best way to spend a Sunday morning.. running, big breakfast and farmers market!

 St. Paul has this nice little city park.. we walked right on through.. 
I should have bought some flowers.. the Farmers Market has the best flowers!!

I'm going back to pick up some Zucchini and will be making onions/squash with tomato sauce.. A favorite low calorie meal.. Yum..


Now I really could use a nap.. Doesn't that sound familiar? All this exercise and food really makes me sleepy....
My running total this week is pretty low.. 28.2 miles and I only biked 7.5 miles with zero swimming.. I've got a big workout planned for tomorrow! 
__________________________________________________
What did you do on your Sunday? 

What do you buy at the farmers market? Lettuce, kettle popcorn

Favorite way to eat eggs? Scrambled or omelet

No comments: