The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Race Recovery...

I spent the rest of race day on the couch sneezing until we were invited over to Steve's brother's house for dinner. I'm sure they all enjoyed my constant sneezing.. If they weren't sick of it.. I sure was!
I didn't think I was hungry.. but by 7pm when we ate.. I was starving. Tim made a roasted pork loin, smashed potatoes (recipe from the Pioneer woman on TV) and a salad.. with real ranch not the lite stuff I buy.. why is it that the real stuff tastes 100% better?  It almost felt like Christmas eve since that's pretty much the only time we are invited to his brother's house. 
I kind of like my asparagus.. and I like eating them with my fingers, it just tastes better. I  was being extra funny here.. with the asparagus sticking out of my mouth.
Thought I should share our new discovery... Steve noticed these ice cream treats.. Klondike Choco taco.. , I'm not sure if they are a new item, but they are to us and who am I to say NO to a tasty treat?  I was really happy we bought them.. Just wish the taco shell was a tad bit more crunchy.. otherwise I give this 4 out of 5 stars! 
What's on the agenda for our Sunday? 
Recovery 4 mile run with the kids and 4 slow miles by myself this morning. They saw all those other kids their age running yesterday and now want to train to do a race. 

Family fall photos.. 

Family dinner... 

Maybe me making a Mile High Key lime pie (which means a trip to the store) 

Cleaning the animal cages.. 

_____________________________________________________

What are your plans this Sunday? 

How do you recover from a race? 

Do you suffer from allergies? 

No comments: