The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A tough Decision.. But the right one!

I have a ton more vacation pictures to catch up on.. (soon to post). Yesterday I had a really tough decision to make. The first one was a no-brainier! My toe was definitely bothering me while on vacation. I was sad to leave Florida but glad I was able to get this looked at. Seems my toe wasn't getting any better.. toe nail screwed up from running and a callus type growth on the top around the nail that was starting to hurt. 
I finally went and saw a doctor. I had a few options.. 1. over the counter stuff which really doesn't work well and takes ForEVER! 2. Freezing or 3. see a foot doctor and get it lazered off.. Could be very painful or just do nothing and see if it goes away. The doctor didn't know 100% if it was a wort-like growth or an infection.. any rate.. Freezing would be a good option.... Might blister and I might not be able to run for awhile and if it doesn't work.. I'll be back in a week for round 2... 

I opted for the freezing.. I was scared it would really hurt.. The unknown is really scary! It pretty much felt like my toe was getting stung by a bee.. 3x's he had to freeze it.. 

Outcome.. I'll probably have to go back next week for round 2... it did little to my toe.. and it hurt a tiny bit all day yesterday.. The good thing! I could run this morning! Off I went and ran 4 quick miles! I really need to bring my camera tomorrow while I run. The leaves are so pretty.. LOVE My running route!!! 

No comments: