The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Keys.. Florida

This was definitely one of the best family vacations.. Ever!!!! 

I don't think it really mattered where we went on vacation.. but we all do really love the ocean!

We started off our vacation being very good about getting in a early morning workout.. Run for me.. bike for Steve. I had this awfully pretty running route right next to the ocean, on the beach and ran it at sunrise.. the most beautiful time of the morning.
I'm going to have to make an extremely large photo to take with me while I run in the gym of this beach.. I can just stare at it and think I'm back running on the Florida key beach

 As I was running up and down the beach...I'd stop to take photos of the beautiful sunrise. 
This was the best place to snorkel.. we saw some cool fish, crabs and other things..

 One of the good things about running on vacation.. is you get up early.. (no sleeping the day away) and you have lots of extra calories to eat Key Lime Pie... 
 There were so many different kinds of key lime pie. We made it our job to try every restaurants pie. 
 We actually ended up buying a whole pie.. because we know how to do it right!
I determined this Mile High Meringue Key Lime Pie to be the best. It had the right amount of lime and what fun to add all that meringue on top. I'm going to have to make this pie!

We also did a lot of sitting around at the pool.. its good to rise off all that salt water.. 

No comments: