The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, October 28, 2013

I kicked myself out the door..

I really didn't want to run this afternoon, but it is pretty nice out in the 40s and sunny. Not to mention the trees are still extremely pretty. There is also the fact the weather report for tomorrow could be snow. I'm not sure I can run safely in that until I invest in some YAK tracks.. At least that's what I think they are called?? I have 3 options 1. Skip running outside all winter 2. go buy these Yak things either they are screws you put on the bottom of your running shoes or 2. you wear the YAK metal bands around your running shoes. I'm not sure which I'd prefer at the moment?
This view is the reason I kicked myself out the door to run. I wanted to go somewhere new to run or a place where I don't run that often.. it's exactly 2 miles around 2 lakes.. a good distance for sore calves. 
I was not expecting to have sore legs from the race on Saturday. I've read the best thing to do when your sore is to still workout.. go nice and slow. The workout will make you less sore. I'd like to believe that but my throbbing legs are telling me something else. 
Another lake photo..just because!
I'm guessing since trails are very uneven, hilly, with turns and dips.. it was not a good idea to do a recovery run.. 
Done.. 2 miles.. no idea of how long it took.. finished my 1 minute plank and 50 squats for the day. 

Don't you just love the look of running shoes in a pile of leaves? 

No comments: