The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Its about time!

Fall just makes me wants me to bake with pumpkin. I use to hate and I mean hate pumpkin. I could never bring myself to try even a bite of pumpkin pie for years. This all changed and I love it.. I was craving pumpkin bread. I didn't have a great recipe so I goggled one and came up with this one.. 
Original recipe makes 3 - 7x3 inch loaf pans Change Servings
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
  3. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center 

I like my pumpkin bread with lots of butter. This was so easy to make. I just put it all in a bowl and hand mixed it, threw it in the oven and ate a thick slice 50 minutes later. Everyone agreed this was a really yummy pumpkin bread with just the right amount of spices and sweetness. 
I made 6 mini loaves of bread.. some to keep and some to give away.. A neighbor gave me that green ceramic bread pan. I think it's a great idea for a gift so I'm passing it on to another neighbor as a fall gift along with the recipe. I'm hungry just thinking about how good this bread tasted.. might just have to get another slice! 

It's also about time that I did what I said I would.. Go for an afternoon run! That's exactly what I did yesterday. I ran another 4.04 easy pace miles in 42 minutes and 2 seconds.. with the last mile a bit faster at 9 minutes and 32 seconds. I did my 4 miles in the morning and 4 later on for my grand total of 8 miles for the day. It did take a lot of effort on my part to get out and run in the afternoon. I made the mistake of eating lunch (spagettio's) before going on my run.  Burping spagettio's is kind of like vomiting in your mouth.. not very pleasant. I love them but I hate to admit.. they kind of smell like vomit and they certainly remind me of it when they come back up.. 

In prep for my 4 mile fun run.. (nothing is fun about running hard for 4 miles) I'm taking it easy today.. 4 miles this morning... although figures it's going to be a beautiful warm 50 degree day. It would be perfect to go run later on but I need to rest my legs for the speed they will need tomorrow. Okay.. nothing like getting me all scared and worked up just thinking about a race. Why do I do this to myself???? Ugh... 

Dinner last night. Logan kind of loves thin cut pork chops without the bone. He is in charge of seasoning them and will actually eat dinner. We just used sides that we had...image that! Use the food we have and not go out and keep buying more! Potatoes, rice and corn with a salad.. I must be hungry.. this post is all about food! 
Off to get some bread! 
_________________________________________________

What pumpkin stuff do you like? Bread, pie, ?


No comments: