The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, October 14, 2013

I will run eight just for this!

I am fully aware at how much effort it takes to run 8 miles. Most days I try to run at least 6 if not 8. When I'm feeling lazy.. or super short on time.. 4 miles of running will have to do. 
I will gladly run 8 miles every day just so I can have yummy, delicious, fabulous desserts like these from Cosetta's in St. Paul. (I hope I spelled that right?)

 Where do we even start to decide which to try? It was really, really hard but we picked out the desserts in the first pix.. and will all share them tonight. I am Dying to try them so it's taking a lot of willpower at this moment to wait! Well, I cheated and decided not to share my chocolate-cream filled doughnut thing.. it was the Best! Wish I would have bought 2 because someone else in our family needs to know how good this was besides me. Guess that can only mean.. we will have to go back again and buy more! 
 They certainly don't come cheap and I think I could make some of these myself.. the lemon tart or apple.. and I certainly can make cream puffs and eclairs.. but its sure great to just have them made and ready for eating on the spot! 
 I'm obviously still drooling.. I do love my sugar. Yes.. still need to lose a few pounds and I'm working on that too but I still can have a few good things once in a while.. all in moderation. I'm not about to torture myself just to lose a few pounds. It will come off all in good time.. slowly but I will lose it!
After having a great 8 mile run this morning.. outside, looking at the beautiful peak fall colors.. We had some walking to do.. but first a trip to Ikea for breakfast. 

Ikea no longer has bacon.. sausage instead.. not my favorite.. nor are the eggs so I only ate the potatoes.. with the cinnamon roll.. I do like those cinnamon rolls! Plus, brought bananas from home and 20 calorie hot chocolate package to dump into a cup of coffee. 



We were off to enjoy our Monday.. of together-ness.. 
Our stop.. Minneapolis.. sculpture gardens.. What else the cherry on the spoon!

Then off to a few more of the sculptures.. 
More strange stuff to look at .. not sure of the purpose.. but it entertained us for about 2 seconds. 

Now to where I had wanted to go all summer long! I really would have Loved to run this Stone Arch Bridge.. we walked it instead.. 
I have far too many photos of the bridge to post all so I'll just add a few..

It really is a beautiful bridge and a really cool place to be able to walk, run or bike along the river front. 
Just a few more.. to share of our fun Monday.. 


We do need to get out and explore more of Minnesota.. I think this weekend we might just be able to do that!

No comments: