The good stuff.. Food!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Aliens.. and Fear of jeans..

I could tell it was still to dark to run when I woke up this morning. I happened to turn the TV right to the weather channel telling me it was raining and could be mixed with SNOW.. Yes snow! I didn't really want to hear how chilly it was outside and how wet it was going to be running this morning, The other option was to run on the treadmill inside which seemed like a less then appealing idea. I stayed in bed watching Aliens.. on H2 instead of getting up.. that stuff just fascinates me and that voice always puts me to sleep at night.. and as I found out.. it also helps me fall back to sleep in the morning. 
I finally did get out of bed.. much later then I have in the last 3 years but I did get up.. and I did get out the door after asking everyone to join me.. for at least a mile or to drive along next to me as I ran.. No takers. I can't blame them. 

I ran 4 miles in the cold and rain, turned around and ran another 4 wet miles in the opposite direction. I was soaking wet from head to toe.. but not chilly as I had started out with 5 layers.. 4 shirts and one water-proof jacket, gloves and headband. Steve met up with me on mile 2, he was nice enough to come find me and take all the clothes I no longer needed, because I just didn't want to wrap them all around me. 
]
In the fall, I'm always hating having to switch from shorts back to jeans. I'm kind of afraid of the try on jeans and realize I can no longer squeeze my butt into them. This was pretty common the years I spent gaining more and more weight. This last year has been difficult for my eating habits. I kept up exercise which helped keep off the weight, but with the stress of tests every week from my personal training classes that starting in August thru May.. then summer indulging and vacations. I managed to put on a few pounds. I purchased all these jeans at my skinniest weight. I was not in a rush to put them on to find out that my butt might not fit. Yesterday was day 1 of trying on the first pair.. yes! The buns still fit and I really could have used a belt, but I went without.. today.. not my smallest pair but still a very small size.. you don't have any idea of how good it felt to slip these jeans on and have them go over my butt and be able to button them without struggling or feeling very uncomfortable. While they don't exactly hang off me like they use to.. more like a well fit glove.. I can breath.. and move around. I have one more pair of skinny jeans to go.. that's tomorrows test or try-on.. I'm not sure I'll pass that one but I do know I have time to lose what I gained.. 

My hair color is finally back to normal.. No more washed out brown.. now to get some bangs back and work on that diet..
I had to share the final dinner. Steve made all this yesterday.. Chicken stuffed with ham and cheese, noodles with tomatoes  mushrooms and garlic, bread and butter. So delicious! 

I was so in the mood for pancakes the last.. 4 weeks! I finally decided to make myself some.. I'm not good about cooking things till they they are golden brown. More like under-done but I ate a few anyway.. 

No comments: