The good stuff.. Food!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

I could have made it happen!

Yes that's right, I could have ran 12 miles today. The only reason for not running 12 miles? I do have to work for an hour at some point before 3pm. I really do want to run more then my standard 8 miles. I really felt great on mile 7 thinking I'd for sure run another 8.. When I got into the neighborhood, I was feeling a little tired.. I like to break up my miles by making a 4 mile loop, that way I can get rid of extra layers, take a pit stop.. and check in before running on.. 

It was nice running in fresh newly bought socks today. I only wear these special $4.00 socks for running. I now have 4 pairs to rotate between washing. They are from Target in case you want to get some for yourself. While they are not cheap, they sure beat the running store brand prices and I found them to be the perfect sock. I can go on and on about socks for running and how it's almost as important if not more then your running shoe. Take it from me.. I've learned the hard way over the past 3 years. 


It was only around 35+F this morning. I had to break out the long fitted running pants.. Plus, dress in a few layers that I peel off and tie around my waist. I end up looking like I could be playing touch foot ball with all that fabric wrapped around me. 

I do love shopping at Target. Found myself a new reversible headband that really covers my ears and doesn't squish my head. I am regretting not buying the gloves with the touch finger to use my phone without taking them off. Maybe I'll go back and buy them after all? 

I kind of liked running this morning in much cooler air.. I dressed right, felt good and was outside.. no music just the sounds of birds, cars, me breathing heavy, feet pounding the pavement etc.. 

I also did something yesterday that I have not done in ages! I watched a movie. Rented it from the library. Today, I need to do something that I've been putting off for ages.. Organize. I think it's going to be a weekend of purge... I bought this cute purple foot stool intending it to go into Celina's room for her corner chair, only  to discover.. I really like it with the chairs down stairs. Stuff must leave to bring in more.. and we all know, Christmas is around the corner.. More stuff...

No comments: