The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Morning once again...

Its a good thing I'm a morning person. 
Another chilly 37+F day and just as I stepped outside it started to drizzle.. back in to get my jacket and visor to keep the rain off and out of my eyes.. It never last long before all this stuff is peeled off and I'm left running in just my tank top. Might look a bit weird and cold but I feel just fine.. I do keep thinking I could use some of those arm warmers I see some runners wearing.. 

I like the pink arm warmer look. I found them for $17 online.. maybe they will be cheaper somewhere else? 
I was reading an article this morning how it helps runners to do box jumps.. Makes your legs stronger and it helps to prevent injuries. I decided to warm myself up a bit before I stepped outside into the cold air.. after 10 of these jumps.. I was feeling awake and warmed up.. Not to mention, they aren't easy to do at my age.. 
Looking kind of sweaty after 4.2 miles in 42 minutes at 30 seconds.. off to run my other 4.2 miles in 41 minutes and 32 seconds a bit faster the second time around. I decided to try one of those gel cubes to give me more energy and see if that helped run the 2nd 4 miles.. I did feel good.. A neighbor guy I see running.. (kind of a crabby guy.. never smiles or says hi) was running out of the neighborhood just as I was.. We intersected at the 2 roads.. I crossed the street just so we didn't have to run side by side... but I sure didn't want this guy to pass me up.. I sped up, the guy sped up.. until he crossed the street and I ran the other way. I didn't want to have to keep that faster pace up for any longer. It's not like I was fresh out the door like he was.. I was on mile 5.. After I ran the other way... it occurred to me, this would have been a good opportunity to be in race mode.. having someone to compete against. oh well.. speed work will have to wait for another day.. 

________________________________________
Do you ever secretly compete against another person? 

Are you a morning person or night? 






No comments: