The good stuff.. Food!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dragging my feet.. 24-7

Seems my motivation to do anything lately has been zapped. I can completely understand why I stayed in bed reading all afternoon and into the evening yesterday.. who wouldn't want to do that on a gloomy rainy day? 

Today the weather report was clear and sunny.. but a cool 50*F. My plan a of this moment.. easy to say at 8am.. is to run this evening.. my 4 mile loop, get out and enjoy some fresh air while it lasts. 
I've had a hate relationship with the treadmill.. 

What did I do to change my mind about my hate relationship? 
1. I changed running shoes! This has more toe.. wide space for wiggle room.. 
2. I slowed down my running pace to 5.0mph.. 
3. Zero hills.. at 0 for incline
4. kept my heart rate in my Zone 1.. under 122

I didn't start loving the treadmill, but at least it didn't kill my toes. It was however painfully slow, meaning how slowly the time went by. I had thoughts of just stopping running and laying down right there on the treadmill.. Zero energy and not loving any minute. 

I have no idea of how long I will not feel like running. I just know I need to stick with it and get out to run as much as I can (weather permitting). 

What am I working on today? 
1. getting through the work day.. 
2. just getting though life.
3. Healthy food choices
4. Running outside this afternoon
5. Finding a new book to read at night. 
6. trying to get myself out of this semi-un-motivated.. depressed state! 

I am not challenging myself lately and the chances to do that.. I pass up.. I am just not mentally ready. 

What is my goal? What is my running purpose? 
Here's what I can do.. on the 26th there is a 4 mile fun Halloween run. It's in the afternoon.. and I have zero plans that day as of right now.. If the weather is good. There is Zero reason why I should not run this race. I put a lot of pressure on myself to always improve my last years time. Not only improve my time but come in First place in my age group and try for placing over all.. I came in 3rd woman over all last year and of course I'm aiming for 1st over all.. 

No comments: