The good stuff.. Food!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Fitness Experience...

Now that I am a certified personal trainer. I need hands on experience. I did my first Cardio class yesterday, I got to participate, observe and help correct the students posture in need of some assistance. I mostly just did the cardio and took note of those who needed assistance. I am taking good notes on how to run a cardio  group fitness class. I'm pretty sure this is something I can do and eventually will want to try.



There is one more part of my fitness experience I need. It's the hands on or observing of a personal trainer. I've been doing a little research and came up with stopping at the www.YMCA.com and seeing if I could do an internship. I spoke to the fitness director and will hopefully hear back. Sounds like I might be able to get in some experience helping with assessments and observing while the other trainers work with clients.

 I need to get other experience before heading out on my own.. I do know that www.Fitness19.com is looking for Personal Trainers. I don't have a year of experience so not even wanting to work there. Plus, I love working out there. I don't want it to be anything but enjoyable.

No comments: