The good stuff.. Food!

Monday, February 4, 2013

What Are My Race Plans?

All the other runners I come across, are planning their next race. I have yet to figure out which, if any I'll do this year. 
(The Savage- Halloween, 4 mile race.. It was painful... and I was sick!)

Last year 2012 I raced in the following: 

  • I love Burnsville 5K - 2nd place in age group
  • Freedom Days - Apple Valley 2 Mile - 1st in age group
  • Run for the Gold 1 Mile - Rosemount - 1st in age group
  • Halloween Fun Run  4 miles -Savage - 1st in age group
  • Belle Plain Half Marathon - 8th woman 

Spring to fall races... Which took up 5 weekends. Not sure my family will love sticking around the cities again this year? We like to go up north to the lake and take weekend trip to Lake Superior. I might have to look into vacation location races? 

I will want to do the Apple Valley 2 mile race, because I love being able to run all out for just 2 miles and be done. 

The Rosemount race, I should do the 4 mile race (last year it poured down rain..and I chose to just run the 1 mile.. which I really liked!) 4 miles is kind of painful.. as I experienced in the Savage race. Of course I was sick during that race. 

I also liked doing the 1/2 marathon.. again.. painful at the end, but only because I didn't drink or eat during the race which was a huge mistake. 

What I'd really like to try? Is a Dualathalon.. Bike & Run combo. The only problem is that I own just a mountain bike. I'd have to rent a road bike or buy one. Something to think about? 

The next step it seems for all runners? The Triathalon: Swim, bike and run.. I use to be a competitive swimmer, but would definitely have to train. I've heard this is the most challenging of the race. I'm also not crazy about swimming in a lake I'm not familiar with.. it kind of creeps me out.. you know the junk on the bottom of the lake.. 

I said that a Mpls race with tons of people is also on my todo list. Do I want to do the Get Lucky 7K? Just a short 5 mile race. Obviously with that many people, I would not be trying for a good race time.. it would be just to run it and check that off my list. 
__________________________________________________

What are your race plans for 2013? 

Does swimming in a lake creep you out? 

What kind of crazy clothes-outfits have you worn for a race? Only what you see above.. hello kitty shirt -socks and pig-tales with bows

No comments: