The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Virtual half marathon...

I wanted to run a half marathon this fall, but never signed up for one (I hate the pressure and paying the entry fee). The other option was to run it on my own and do a virtual half.

The top 10 great things about doing it on my own is?

1. Won't stay awake all night worrying about the race. 
2. Can pick a day to run when I feel like running 13.2 miles
3. Can wait for good weather 
4  Can decide I just don't feel like running and stop
5. Zero entry fee. 
6. Didn't have to drive to some out of the way location
7. No crowds to deal with 
8. No one to compete against, only myself
9. Having Steve bike 4 of the 13 miles with me
10 The Bragging rights to running 13.2 miles!
How did I run 13.2 miles? This was my first 4 miles.. Very hilly... 
My 2nd 4 miles in the opposite direction.. very hilly.. 
My 3rd time running 4 very hilly miles then an additional hilly mile around and around.. 

 I'm positive my feet felt like running a half marathon today was all due to cross training on the cross ramp this week. I spent the last 5 days running 6 miles a day indoors. That gave my feet and legs a chance to rest, something I didn't do all summer. The rest was good and I felt like I could push myself and go an extra 5 miles today. They weren't fast 13.2 miles and I really wanted to stop at 12, but I kept going finishing the last mile around our neighborhood, running 3 times around the block. Felt great to be DONE!
My running took up most of the morning. I finished in 2 hours and 31 minutes. It was 11:30am by the time I was done. No rest just yet. 
I made the perfect Mile High Key Lime Pie! yum... I've been wanting to make this pie since we got back from Florida, the 2nd week in October. Eating this pie is going to be my award for running 13.2 miles today! 



No comments: