The good stuff.. Food!

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween 4 Mile Race..

It's over!!! The race is done! I came in 2nd place in my age group 40 - 49, 3rd woman overall. I didn't take first place but I had a new running method.. No music (which I really do think helps me go faster, and knowing my pace time.. instead of my heart rate). 
I don't think there is any thing fun about running 4 miles then sneezing for the next 2+ hours. I don't know what it is about this race and only this race that makes me sneeze. I never have this occur in any other race. 
No, I didn't come in 1st like I had hoped.. But 2nd place isn't so bad either and being the 3rd woman to finish is pretty good to! The oldest woman to run was in her 70's.. so impressive!!! 
I won some pretty good loot for this cheap local race. A pair of socks from Runners Gate, and a drink glass plus, lots of candy.. and beef jerky. I gave Steve the T-shirt..it's black so all is good! 

This was at mile 1.. Still smiling but right after that.. I had one of those right side gut aches.. that hurt till I was done running. 
This is right after crossing the finish line.. I kind of like laying down in the grass.. 

Looks like the official cross the finish line was 32:45.. 

In all.. this was a good race. I didn't have my heart 100% in to run as fast as I could. I'm good with my slower time this year.. since 2012's race time was 31:05! 
My pace times.. for each mile... 

No comments: